Hossein Ali Khonakdar
(B.Sc., M.Sc., Ph.D.)
Professor of Polymer Engineering
at Iran Polymer & Petrochemical Institute
External scientific Member at Leibniz-Institute of Polymer Research Dresden (IPF-Fellow since 2016 till September 2022)
Researcher ID: T-2434-2017
Scopus Author ID: 6603298663
Name: Hossein Ali
Date of Birth: January 10, 1970
Address: Iran Polymer & Petrochemical Institute, Pazhoohesh Blvd., Km 17, Tehran-Karaj Hwy Tehran, I.R. Iran , P.O. Box: 14965/115, Post Code: 1497713115
Tel: +98 21 48662432
Biography in Short
H.A. Khonakdar earned BSc from Isfahan University of Technology and M.Sc from University of Tehran. He studied toward Ph.D. at the Iran Polymer and Petrochemical Institute. Part of his doctoral research was carried out at the Leibniz-Institut für Polymerforschung (IPF) Dresden in Germany. He has been working on Polymer Processing and advanced polymeric materials at Iran Polymer and Petrochemical Institute where he has been Lecturer as of 2002.
Upon completing his Ph.D, he has been continuing his collaboration with Prof. Wagenknecht thus far. The outcome of his mutual collaboration with Prof. Wagenknecht and other colleagues in IPF goes beyond 250 research articles in which he made a great contribution. In August 2006, he was promoted to Associate Professorship in Polymer Processing with special emphasis on Polymer Blends and nanocomposites in IPPI, Iran.
In March 2011, he was awarded the famed Alexander von Humboldt Fellowship from Germany to focus on modeling the interfacial reactions in PET/PEN blends inside a twin screw extruder. He then joined Leibniz-Institut für Polymerforschung (IPF) Dresden e. V. Germany as a guest researcher from March 2011 till September 2014. He has also been nominated for 63rd interdisciplinary meeting of Nobel Prize Winners in Lindau (30 June-5 July 2013). In November 2014, he was promoted to Professorship in Polymer Processing in IPPI, Iran. He has been as fellow at Leibniz Institute of polymer research Dresden (IPF-Fellow) since 2016 which recently his fellow was extended till September 2022.
Ph.D. in Polymer Engineering (29 July 2003), Iran Polymer and Petrochemical Institute, Tehran, Iran
Thesis: Preparation of PE-based Heat Shrinkable Material and Study of Effective Parameters On its Shrinkability.
M.Sc. in Polymer Engineering (30 September 1994), Faculty of Engineering, University of Tehran, Tehran, Iran
Thesis: An Investigation on Esterification in PET/Caster Oil blends and Preparation of Semi-IPN base on Polyurethane.
B.Sc. in Chemical Engineering (1992), Chemical Engineering Department, Isfahan University of Technology, Isfahan, Iran
- Academic Staff of the Faculty of Processing in Iran Polymer & Petrochemical Institute (Department of processing) (1994 – present)
- Guest Professor in Leibniz-Institut für Polymerforschung Dresden e. V., Germany, (from March 2011 –September 2014)
- External Scientific member (IPF-Fellow) at Leibniz-Institut für Polymerforschung Dresden e. V., Germany, (from October 2016 –present)
Supervisor / advisor of over 150 postgraduate students
Honors and Awards
1. Awarded by Alexander von Humboldt (AvH) Foundation, Germany, (March 2011 – July 2013).
2. Selected by Iran Polymer and Petrochemical Institute and awarded by the Director of the Institute as a best researcher of the year (2005), IPPI.
3. Nominated by AvH Foundation for the 63rd interdisciplinary meeting of Nobel Prize Winners in Lindau (30 June-5 July 2013).
4. Top Cited Article 2005-2010 in Radiation Physics and Chemistry Awarded to Khonakdar et al for the paper entitled “Effect of electron-irradiation on cross-link density and crystalline structure of Low- and high density polyethylene. The paper was published in Radiation Physics and Chemistry, volume 75, Issue 1, 2006.
Author and co-authors of 4 books and over 300 published ISI papers in reputable journals together with several presentations in overseas conferences.
English language proficiency:
English: Fluent in writing, reading, speaking, and listening
German: Certificate in B1
1- Prof. Udo Wagenknecht, Head of Institute Polymer Materials (act.)
Phone ++49 351 4658 361
Fax ++49 351 4658 362
Leibniz-Institut für Polymerforschung Dresden e.V.
(Leibniz Institute of Polymer Research Dresden)
Hohe Str. 6
2- Prof. Dr.-Ing. Volker Altstädt
Department for Polymer Engineering
tel: +49 (0) 921 55 7470
fax: +49 (0) 921 55 7473
mobil: +49 (0) 172 4556564
3. Prof. Seyed hasan Jafari
College of Chemical Engineering
University of Tehran
Tel (Direct): +98 (21)02161112857
4. Prof. Morteza Ehsani
Iran Polymer & Petrochemical Institute
Pazhoohesh Blvd., Km 17, Tehran-Karaj Hwy
Tehran, I.R. Iran , P.O. Box: 14965/115
Post Code: 1497713115 TEL: +98 21 48662432
Fax: +98 21 44580021-23
Tel.: +98-21 48662502