H. Jamshidi (BSc and MSc)
Place of Birth: Noor
Office Address: Iran Polymer & Petrochemical Institute (IPPI), P.O. Box: 14965-115, Tehran, Iran
Phone/Fax: + (9821) 44580051 & 44580052, 44580000-19 (Internal: 2010)
- MSc in Organic Chemistry (October, 2001), Sharif University of Technology, Tehran, Iran
- BSc in Chemistry (August, 1998), Teachers' Training University, Tehran, Iran
- High School Diploma (June, 1994), Allameh Majlesi High School, Tehran, Iran
- Academic Member of Iran Polymer and Petrochemical Institute (IPPI), Tehran, Iran (2003-Present).
- Editor of Iranian Journal of Polymer Science and Technology, http://jips.ippi.ac.ir (Persian, ISSN: 1016-3255, August 2004-Present).
- Technical Editor of Iranian Journal of Polymer Science and Technology (Persian, ISSN: 1016-3255, 2001-July 2004).
- Iranian Polymer Society, 2003-Present
- Alumni Association of Sharif University of Technology, 2001-Present
- Editorial Process of Scientific Publications
- Synthesis and Application of Polyurethanes
- Modification of Polyurethanes for Biomedical Applications
a) Preparation of biodegradable polyurethanes through introduction of biodegradable functional groups in the polymers backbone
b) Preparation of biocompatible polyurethanes with low platelet adhesion
- Synthesis of Organic Compounds
- Oxidation and Elimination Reactions
Papers Published in International Journals
1. Matloubi Moghaddam F. and Jamshidi H, Solvent-free Rapid Microwave-assisted b-Elimination of Sulfoxides, Sulfur Letter, 24(6), 296-273, 2001.
2. Jamshidi H. and Rahimi A., Applications of Inorganic Polymeric Materials II: Polysilanes, Phosphorus, Sulfur and Silicon, 181, 2565-2576, 2006.
3. Yeganeh H., Jamshidi H. and Jamshidi S., Synthesis and Properties of Novel Biodegradable Poly (e-caprolactone)/Poly (ethylene glycol)-based Polyurethane Elastomers, Polymer International, 56, 41-49, 2007.
4. Soltani S., Asempour H., and Jamshidi H., Investigation of Reaction Conditions for Preparation of Medium Molecular Weight Poly (vinyl alcohol) as Emulsifier, Iranian Polymer Journal, 16 (7), 439-447, 2007.
Papers Presented at National and International Seminars
1. Yeganeh H., Jamshidi H., and Jamshidi S., Preparation and Properties of Poly (ethylene glycol) based Poly (epoxy-urethane) Hydrogels, 12th Iranian Seminar of Organic Chemistry, Ahvaz, Iran, March 2006.
2. Yeganeh H., Jamshidi H., and Jamshidi S., Physicochemical Properties and in vitro Biocompatibility of PEG Based Polyurethane/Segmented Polyurethane Blends, 12th Iranian Seminar of Organic Chemistry, Ahvaz, Iran, March 2006.
3. Yeganeh H., Jamshidi S., Solouck A., Jamshidi H., and Hojati P., Synthesis, Characterization and Properties of Epoxy-Modified Polyurethanes as a Novel Class of Biomaterials, 4th International Symposium on High-Tech Polymer Materials, Beijing, China, May 2006.
4. Yeganeh H., Jamshidi H. and Jamshidi S., Synthesis and Properties of Novel Poly(urethane-urea) Elastomers via Utilization of a very Mild and Efficient Method, 13th Iranian Seminar of Organic Chemistry, Hamedan, Iran, September 2006.
5. Soltani S., Asempour H., and Jamshidi H., Preparation of Medium Molecular Weight Poly (vinyl alcohol) as Emulsifier for Emulsion Polymerization of Vinyl Acetate, 8th International Seminar on Polymer Science and Technology, Tehran, Iran, 2007.
Translation Papers from English to Persian
1. Modifying the Surface, Industry Journal Paint and Resin, 6, 19, 2004.
2. UV Coatings for Plastics, Industry Journal Paint and Resin, 7, 21, 2005.
3. Photocuring and Photostabilization of Coating for Outdoor Use, Industry Journal Paint and Resin, 7, 22, 2005.
4. Precursor Provides Selectivity, Industry Journal Paint and Resin, 7, 24, 2005.
5. Getting the Right Mix Using Agents to Disperse Pigments in Lacquers and Paints, Industry Journal Paint and Resin, 8, 25, 2006.
6. Fluidised Bed Coating, Industry Journal Paint and Resin, 9, 31, 2008.
Completed and Current Research Projects Participated
- Investigation of Addition and Crosslinking of PEO Containing Epoxy Resin for Reducing Platelet and Protein Absorption on Polyurethane Elastomers, IPPI, Tehran, Iran, 2005 (Finished).
- PVC Recycling of Solvent-based Technology (Current)
The project was financially supported by Ministry of Industry and Mining.
1. Professor Firouz Matloubi Moghaddam, Department of Chemistry, Sharif University of Technology, Tehran, Iran
2. Professor Mohammad Reza Saidi, Department of Chemistry, Sharif University of Technology, Tehran, Iran
3. Associate Professor Hamid Yeganeh, Polyurethanes Department, Iran Polymer & Petrochemical Institute, Tehran, Iran
Last Updated: April 2008