(B.Sc., M.Sc, Ph.D.)
Iran Polymer and Petrochemical Institute
PO Box 14965/115, Tehran, Iran
Tel.: (021) 44580024 Facsimile: (021) 44580023
E-mail: M.Esfandeh@ippi.ac.ir & firstname.lastname@example.org
Interested Research Area:
*Lecturer in Ahwaz Univ., 1991-1992.
*Lecturer in Petroleum Univ. in Ahwaz and Abadan, 1992-1993.
*Student Tutor at the Department of Mechanical Eng., (Engineering Material and Information Technology) UMIST, UK, 1994-1999.
*Head of Composite and Adhesives Department, Iran Polymer and Petrochemical Institute, 2000-2009
* Head of Processing Faculty, Iran Polymer and Petrochemical Institute, 2009-2010
* Deputy Director of Research Iran Polymer and Petrochemical Institute, 2010-Present
Some of the Completed and/or Current Research Projects:
1) Manufacture of Composite Rods by Pultrusion Process (Kerman Rubber Complex).
2) Design and Manufacture of a Composite Rod for Electrical Application (Pars Technique Co.).
3) Design of a Machine for the Manufacture of FRP Rebars.
4) Manufacture of Natural Fiber Reinforced Composites
5) Microwave Assisted Pultrusion of Epoxy and Phenolic Composites
6) Reinforcing Concrete Structures Using Composites Rebars for Improving Mechanical Properties and Corrosion Resistance (National Project)
7) Manufacture of Carbon Fiber/Phenolic Composites by Pultrusion Process.
8) Modification of Thermomechanical Properties of UP Resin for Aerospace Applications.
9) Production of PP/wood Ply Sandwich Structures in a Semi-industrial Scale.
Teaching and Industrial Experiences:
1) Sh. Pazokifard, S. M. Mirabedini, M. Esfandeh, M. Mohseni and Z. Ranjbar; “Silane Grafting of TiO2 Nanoparticles: Dispersibility and Photoactivity in aqueous Solutions”, Surface and Interface Analysis, Vol.44, pp 41-47, 2012.
2) M. Hayaty, M. H. Beheshty, M. Esfandeh; “Isothermal Differential Scanning Calorimetry Study of A Glass/Epoxy Prepreg”, Polymers for Advanced Technologies, vol. 22, 2011.
3) B. Fathi, M. Esfandeh, A. Khalifeh, I. Amiri; “Effect of Fiber Acid Treatment on The Dynamic Mechanical Properties of Unsaturated Polyester/Carbon Fiber Unidirectional Composites”, Polymer-Plastics Technology and Engineering, vol. 50, 2011.
4) M. Hayaty, M. H. Beheshty, M. Esfandeh; “A New Approach for Determination of Gel Time of a Glass/Epoxy Prepreg”, Journal of Applied Polymer Science, vol. 120, 2011.
5) M. Hayaty, M. H. Beheshty, M. Esfandeh; “Cure Kinetics of a Glass/Epoxy Prepreg by Dynamic Differential Scanning Calorimetry”, Journal of Applied Polymer Science, vol. 120, 2011.
6) E. Feyz, Y. Jahani, M. Esfandeh; “Effect of a Nanoclay/Triphenyl Phosphate Hybrid System on the Fire Retardency of Polycarbonate/Acrylonitrile-Butadiene-Styrene Blend”, Journal of Applied Polymer Science, Vol.120, 2010.
7) E. Feyz, Y. Jahani, M. Esfandeh, M. Ghafelehbashi, S. H. Jafari; “Study of the Viscoelastic Properties of PC/ABS Blend Contaning Triphenyl Phosphate & Nanoclay & Its Correlation with Morphology”, Journal of Applied Polymer Science, Vol.118, 2010.
8) E. Feyz, Y. Jahani, M. Esfandeh; “Comparison of the Effect of an Organoclay, Triphenylphosphate, and a Mixture of Both on the Degradation and Combustion Behaviour of PC/ABS Blends”, Macromolecular Symposia, Vol. 298, 2010.
9) S. M. B. Alavi, M. Esfandeh, J. Morshedian, Y. Jahani; “Study of the rheological properties of polypropylene/talc/nanoclay ternary hybrid nano composites”, e-Polymers, No. 28, 2010.
10) S.A. Hashemi, M. Esfandeh, J. Mohammadi, “Mechanical Thermal & Rheological Properties of Polypropylene/Wheat Straw Composites & Study of the Effect of Nanoclay on Their Mechanical Properties”, Polymers & Polymer Composites, Vo.18, No.2, 2010.
11) M. Ahmadi, M. Johari, M. Sadeghi, M. Esfandeh; “An Experimental Study on Mechanical Properties of GFRP Braid-Pultruded Composite Rods”, Express Polymer Letters, Vol.3, No. 9, 2009.
12) H. Rahimi, V. Khalili, M. H. R. Ghoreishy, A. M. Rezadoust, M. Esfandeh, “Effect of Intertube Adhesion on Mechanical Properties of Tubular Cell Polypropylene Honeycombs”, ”, Polymers & Polymer Composites, Vo.17, No.8, 2009.
13) M. Ghafghazi, M. Esfandeh, J. Morshedian; “Preparation of epoxy/urethane graft interpenetrating polymer networks & study of mechanical, thermal & morphological properties”, e-Polymers, No. 69, 2009.
14) M. Esfandeh, A. R. Sabet, A. M. Rezadoust, M. B. Alavi; “Bond Performance of FRP Rebars with Various Surface Deformations in Reinforced Concrete”, Polymer Composites, vol. 30, 2009.
15) M. A. Khatibi, A. Arefazar, M. Esfandeh, “Microstructure & properties of PET/EPDM, EPDM-g-MA/organoclay ternary hybrid nanocomposites: effect of blending sequence”, e-Polymers, No. 164, 2008.
16) M. Taheri, J. Morshedian, M. Esfandeh; “Compatibilization & Properties of SAN/EPDM blends with the addition of coagents”, Journal of Applied Polymer Science, vol. 110, 2008.
17) S. M. Mirabedini, M. Mohseni, S. pazoki, M. Esfandeh; “ Effect of TiO2 on the mechanical & adhesion properties of RTV silicone elastomer coatings”, Colloids & Surfaces A: Physicochem Eng. Aspects, vol. 317, 2008.
Supervised PhD Projects:
1-Investigation of the Microstructure and Properties of PP/Talc/Nanoclay Compounds and comparing them with PP/Talc and PP/Nanoclay Compounds, 2010.
2- Thermal-Rheologial Analysis of a Glass Epoxy Prepreg and Improving its Room Temperature Shelf-Life, 2010.
3- Preparation and Study of the Properties of PC/ABS Blends Containing Phosphate Flame Retardant and Nanoclay, 2010.
4-Introducing Self-cleaning Property to the Acrylic Façade Coating Via Surface Treatment of TiO2 Nanoparticles
Selected Supervised MSc Projects:
1- Improvement of Silicone Coatings Adhesion Strength by Silane Coupling Agents, March 2006.
2- Investigation of Effective Parameters on Pulling Force in Pultrusion Process, September 2006.
3- Compatiblization of SAN/EPDM Blends by Reactive Processing, December 2006.
4-Study of Processing and Properties of Phenolic Composites Cured in the Presence of Acid, 2008.
5-Investigation of Fiber Surface Modiffication Effect on Carbon Fiber-Thermoset resin Interface, 2008.
6-Preparation and Study of the Mechanical and Physical Properties of Boehmite Nanoalumina/Epoxy Vinylester Nanocomposites, 2009.
7-Preparation of Epoxy-Urethane Interpenetrating Polymer Networks Nanocomposites and Study of Properties and Effective Parameters, 2009.
8-Preparation and Study of the Properties of Vinylester Resin/Nanosilica Nanocomposites, 2009
9-Preparation of UP Resin/Fiber Glass/Nanoclay Hybrid Nanocomposites and Study of their Impact Properties, 2010.
10-The Effect of Nano Particles on Mechanical Properties and Processing Parameters in Producing Composite Profiles with Pultrusion Process, 2011
11-Preparation of Hybrid Nanocomposites Bsed on Modar Resin/Natural Fibers/Nanoclay and Study of Their Properties, 2011.
Advisor to PhD Projects:
1-Investigation of the Mechanical Properties and Morphological Behaviour of PET/EPDM-g-MA/Nanoclay Blends, 2009.
2- Theoretical and Experimental Investigation on the Mechanical Properties of Composites Reinforced with Rod-like Braided Structures, 2010.
1) Design of a machine for the manufacture of fiber reinforced polymers (Pultrusion), Sabet A., Rezadoust A., Esfandeh M and Alavi M, 2007.
2) Preparation of a tie layer for improving the adhesion and durability of silicone coating used in marine industry, S.M. Mirabedini, M. Esfandeh and S. Pazokifard, 2007.
Last Update : 2012-07-29