Parvin Shokrollahi(BSc, MSc, Ph.D.)
Supramolecular polymers; nano-composites and blends, Drug loaded systems and hydrogels
Material (polymer) design/Synthesis/Tissue engineering
A. Book chapter
Shokrollahi P, Shokrolahi F, Structural and Biodegradation Characterization of Supramolecular PCL/HAp nano-composites for application in Tissue Engineering, Handbook of Composites from Renewable Materials, Kumar TV, Kumari M.T., Kessler M.R., (Eds), Vol 3, (1-24), Wiley, 2017.
B. Journal Publications
1. Shababdoust A., Zandi M., Ehsani M., Shokrollahi P., et al., Controlled curcumin release from nanofibers based on amphiphilic-block segmented polyurethanes, Internat J Pharm, 575, 15 February 2020, Doi: 10.1016/j.ijpharm.2019.118947
2. Moghanizadeh-Ashkezari M, Shokrollahi P, Zandi M, Shokrolahi F, et al, Vitamin C Loaded Poly(urethane-urea)/ZnAl-LDH Aligned Scaffolds Increase Proliferation of Corneal Keratocytes and Up-Regulate Vimentin Secretion, ACS Appl. Mater. Interfaces, 2019, DOI: 10.1021/acsami.9b07556.
3. Kazemi-Ashtiani M, Zandi M, Shokrollahi P, Chitosan surface modified hydrogel as a therapeutic contact lens, Polym Adv Technol, 2019, Just accepted.
4. Askari F, Zandi M, Shokrolahi P, et al, Reduction in protein absorption on ophthalmic lenses by PEGDA bulk modification of silicone acrylate‑based formulation, Prog Biomater, 2019, 8, 169-183, doi.org/10.1007/s40204-019-00119-x
5. Shokrolahi F, Shokrolahi P, Badiani R, et al., Atorvastatin loaded PLGA microspheres: Preparation, HAp coating, drug release and effect on osteogenic differentiation of ADMSCs, Internat J Pharm, 2019, Doi: 10.1016/j.ijpharm.2019.05.005.
6. Shaneh S, Shokrolahi F,ShokrollahiP, Yeganeh H, Omidian H, Structural Engineering to Control Density, Configuration, and Bioactivity of the PEG-Grafted Polyurethane Urea (PUU) Scaffolds, J Bioact Compat Polym,2019, 34, 2, 209-223.
7. Zaredar Z, Askari F, ShokrollahiP, Polyurethane synthesis for vascular application, Prog Biomater, DOI: 10.1007/s40204-018-0101-6.
8. Salehi SS, Barzin J, ShokrollahiP, Statistical Approach to Estimate Fiber Diameter of PET/PVP Blend Electrospun Membranes Using Taguchi Method and Fitting Regression Model, Materials Research Express, In press.
9. Vahedi M, Barzin J, Shokrolahi F, Shokrollahi P, Self-healing Gelatin Based Dynamic Biohydrogels; Physicomechanical Properties and Drug Release Behavior, Macromol Mater Eng, 303, 1800200, 2018.
10. Shababdoust A, Ehsani M, Shokrollahi P, Zandi M, Fabrication of Curcumin-Loaded Electrospun Nano-fibrous Polyurethanes with Anti-Bacterial Activity, Prog Biomater, 7, 23-33, 2018.
11. Maleki SE, Shokrollahi P, Barzin J, Impact of supramolecular interactions on swelling and release behavior of UPy functionalized HEMA‐based hydrogels, Polym Adv Technol, 29, 1670-83, 2018.
12. Kazemi AM, Zandi M, Shokrollahi P, Ehsani M., Baharvand H, Surface modification of poly(2‐hydroxyethyl methacrylate) hydrogel for contact lens application, Polym Adv Technol, 29, 1227-1233, 2018.
13. Azad E, Atai M, Zandi M, Solhi L, Shokrollahi P, Structure Properties Relationships in Dental Adhesives, Effect of Initiator, Matrix Monomer Structure, and Nano-filler Incorporation, Dental Mater, 34, 1263, 2018.
14. Salehi SS, Barzin J, Shokrollahi P, Blood Cell Separation by Novel PET/PVP Blend Electrospun Membranes, Polym Test, 66, 94-104, 2018.
15. Moghanizadeh AM, Shokrollahi P, Zandi M, Shokrolahi F, Polyurethanes with Separately Tunable Biodegradation Behavior and Mechanical Properties for Tissue Engineering, Polym Adv Technol, 29, 528-540, 2018.
16. Shahriari M, Zandi M, Atai M, Shokrollahi P, et al., Preparation and Characterization of Eugenol-Loaded Oligochitosan Nano-particles through Sol-Gel and Emulsion/Sol-Gel Methods, Polym Bul, 75, 3035-3051, 2018.
17. Hanife M, Zandi M, Shokrollahi P, et al., Compositional Design and Taguchi Optimization of Hardness Properties in Silicone-Based Ocular Lenses, Prog Biomater, 7, 67-74, 2018.
18. Hanife M, Zandi M, Shokrollahi P, Atai M, Shokrolahi F, Cure Kinetic Study of Methacrylate-POSS Copolymers for Ocular Lens, Prog Biomater, 6, 147-56, 2017.
19. Dibazar RA, Barzin J, Shokrollahi P, Microstructure Crystalline Domains Disorder, Critically Control Formation of Nano-Porous/Long Fibrillar Morphology of ePTFE Membrane, Polymer, 75-87, 2017.
20. Mosavi SK, Shokrolahi F, Farahmand F, Shokrollahi P, Antibacterial Polyurethanes in Biomedical Applications, doi: 10.22063/basparesh, 7, 3-15, 2017
21. Zaredar Z, Askari F, Shokrollahi P, Fabrication of Polyurethane-based Artificial Blood Vessel Implants, Basparesh, doi: 10.22063/basparesh, 7, 63-72, 2017.
22. Zamani Z, Shokrollahi P, Barzin J, Thermally and Water Activated Shape Memory Gelatin Physical Hydrogel, with Gel Point Above the Physiological Temperature, for Biomedical Applications, Mater Chem B, 5, 2302, 2017.
23. Jamadi M, Shokrollahi P, Houshmand B, et al., PEG-based Hydrogels as Self-Inflating Tissue Expanders with Tunable Mechanical and Swelling Properties, Macromol Biosci, doi: 10.1002/mabi.201600479, 2017.
24. F Askari, M Barikani, M Barmar, P Shokrollahi, Polyurethane/amino‐grafted multiwalled carbon nanotube nanocomposites: Microstructure, thermal, mechanical, and rheological properties, J Appl Polym Sci, 2017, 134 (4).
25. Keivani F, Shokrollahi P, et al., Engineered Electrospun Poly(caprolactone)/ Polycaprolactone-g-Hydroxyapatite Nano-fibrous Scaffold Promotes Human Fibroblasts Adhesion and Proliferation, Mates Sci Eng C, 68, 78-88, 2016.
26. Ghorbani F, KaffashiB, Shokrollahi P, et al., Effect Of Hydroxyapatite Nano-Particles on Morphology, Rheology and Thermal Behavior of Poly(Caprolactone)/Chitosan Blends,Mater Sci Eng C, 59, 980-989, 2016.
27. Honarkar H, Barmar M, Barikani M, Shokrollahi P, Synthesis and Characterization of Polyhedral Oligomeric Silsesquioxane Based Waterborne Polyurethane Nano-composites, Kor J Chem Eng, 33, 319-329, 2016.
28. Faghih M, Ehsani M, Shokrollahi P, Zandi M, Synthesis and Characterization of Curcumin Segmented Polyurethane with Induced Antiplatelet Activity, J Polym Res, 22, 179, 2015.
29. Shaneh S, Shokrolahi F, Shokrollahi P, Yeganeh H, Seyedjafari E, Ardeshiry A, Omidian H, Improved Immobilization of Gelatin on a Promising Matrix, Mechanically Robust Chain-extender Free Polyurethane Urea, for Tissue Engineering, J Bioact Compat Polym: Biomed Appl, 30, 57-73, 2015.
30. Ghorbani F, Kaffashi B, Shokrollahi P, et al., PCL/Chitosan/Zn Doped nHA Electrospun Nano-Composite Scaffold Promotes Adipose-Derived Stem Cells Adhesion and Proliferation, Carbohydr Polym, 118, 133-42, 2015.
31. Shakeri SZ, Shokrollahi P, et al., Study Of Fibroblast Cells Behavior On Supramolecular Polycaprolactone Nanofibers Coated With Gelatin, Journal of Clinical Research in Paramedical Sciences(in Persian), 1, 1-13, 2015.
32. Ranjbarzadeh A, Shokrollahi P, Barzin J, Rahimi A, Lubricant Facilitated Thermo-Mechanical Stretching of PTFE and Morphology of the Resulting Membranes, J Membr Sci, 470, 458-469, 2014.
33. Shokrollahi P, Mehmanchi M, Atai M, Omidian H, Shokrolahi F, et al., Effect of Interface on Mechanical Properties and Biodegradation of PCL/HAp supramolecular Nano-Composites, J Mater Sci Mater Med, 25, 23-35, 2014.
34. Jafari M, Rahimi A, Shokrollahi P, et al., Synthesis of Antistatic Hybrid Nanocomposite Coatings Using Surface Modified Indium Tin Oxide (ITO) Nanoparticles, J Coating Technol Res, 11, 587, 2014.
35. Shokrolahi F, Mahdavian AR, Shokrollahi P, Cure kinetics of Epoxy-Novolac resin Containing Tetrabromo-bisphenol-A as a Flame retardant by Isothermal Calorimetry Method, Iran J polym Sci Technol, 26, 537-547, 2014.
36. Jafari M, Rahimi A, Shokrollahi P, Surface Modification of Indium Tin Oxide Nanoparticles to Improve Its Distribution in Epoxy-Silica Polymer Matrix, Iran J polym Sci Technol, 27, 281-289, 2014.
37. Mehmanchi M, Shokrollahi P, et al., Supramolecular Polycaprolactone Nanocomposite Based on Functionalized Hydroxyapatite, J Bioact Compat Polym, 27, 467-480, 2012.
38. Abbaszadeh A, Shokrollahi P, et al., Polycaprolactone Polytetrahydrofuran Supramolecular Polymer Blends, Mechanical and Thermal Properties, Iran J Polym Sci Techn, 25, 151-163-2012.
39. Shokrollahi P, Mirzadeh H, Huck WTS, Scherman OA, Effect Of Self-Complementary Motifs on Phase Compatibility and Material Properties in Blends of Supramolecular Polymers, Polymer, 51, 6303-6312, 2010.
40. Shokrollahi P, Mirzadeh H, Scherman OA, Huck WTS, Biological and Mechanical Properties of Novel Composites Based on Supramolecular Polycaprolactone and Functionalised Hydroxyapatite, J Biomed Mater Res 95A, 209-221, 2010.
41. Shokrollahi P, Supramolecular Poly(tetrahydrofuran) Based on a Pyrimidinone Associating Motif, Iran Polym J, 19, 65, 2010.
42. Shokrolahi F, Sadi M, and Shokrolahi P, Kinetic Study of Bisphenol-F using a Tertiary Amine by Isothermal DSC, J Therm Anal Calorim, 82, 1, 151-156, 2005.
43. Farahmand P, Shokrolahi P, et al., Recycling of commingled plastic waste containing polyvinylchloride, polypropylene, polyethylene and paper, Iran Polym J, 12, 3, 185, 2003.
44. Rahimi A, Shokrollahi P, Application of Inorganic Polymeric Materials: I. Polysiloxanes, Int J Inorg Mater, 3, 843, 2001.
45. Shokrollahi P, Scanning Electron Microscope and its Application in Polymer Structural Studies”, Iran J Poly Sci Technol, 9, 4, 255, 1997.
46. Barikani M,Shokrollahi P, Preparation and Characterization of Polyurethane Orthopedic Bandages, Iran J Poly Sci Technol, 8,4, 247, 1996.
1. Maleki S, Shokrolahi P, Barzin J, Self-healing and release behaviour of HEMA based supramolecular hydrogels, 1st International Tissue Engineering and Regenerative Medicine, 18-20 July 2018, Tehran, Iran.
2. Moghanizadeh AM, Shokrollahi P, Zandi M, Shokrolahi F, Effect of Soft Segment Structure on in Vitro Biodegradation of Segmented Polyurethanes, 1st International Tissue Engineering and Regenerative Medicine, 18-20 July 2018, Tehran, Iran.
3. Mohseni MM, Shokrolahi P, Barzin J, Synthesis of Zn doped UPy functionalized HAp for bone tissue engineering applications, ESAO, 14-16 September 2016, Warsaw, Poland.
4. Moghanizadeh AM, Shokrollahi P, Zandi M, Shokrolahi F, Effect of soft segment structure on thermal properties and stability of polyurethanes, 14th ISPT,2-5 November 2016, Tehran, Iran.
5. Badiani R, Shokrolahi F, Shokrollahi P, et al., Synthesize of PLGA microspheres; optimization of experimental parameters, 14th ISPT, 2-5 November 2016, Tehran, Iran.
6. Ranjbarzadeh DA, Shokrolahi P, Barzin J, Expanded PTFE Design for Guided Bone Regeneration Membranes, 14th ISPT, 2-5 November 2016, Tehran, Iran.
7. Zamani R, Shokrollahi P, Barzin J, The effect of solvents system, medium cooling, syringe heating on electrospinning of supramolecular polycaprolactone, 14th ISPT, 2-5 November 2016, Tehran, Iran.
8. Jamadi M, Shokrollahi P, et al., Tailoring the mechanical characteristics of PEG-based hydrogels for the production of high-performance soft tissue expander, 4th Inter. Conf. Multifunctional, hybrid and nanomaterials, 9-13 March 2015, Barcelona, Spain.
9. Latif F, Shokrolahi F, Shokrollahi P, Mg/Al LDH as a nano-carrier for sustained release of Atorvastatin, ICANM, August 10-12,2015, Ottawa, Canada.
10. Jamadi M, Shokrollahi P, et al., Tailoring the mechanical characteristics of PEG-based hydrogels for the production of high-performance soft tissue expander, Driving Biomaterial Innovation and Race to Translation, 15-18 April 2015, North Carolina, USA.
11. Kazemi AM, Zandi M, Shokrollahi P, Ehsani M., Simple and Cost-Effective Method for Modification of pHEMA as Low-Fouling Surface, ICANM, August 10-12, 2015, Ottawa, Canada.
12. Khorasani CS, Shokrollahi P, Molecular weight estimation of supramolecular polycaprolactone by electrospinning, ISPST, 6-9 October 2014, Tehran, Iran
13. Jamadi M, Shokrollahi P, et al., Effect of molecular weight on echanical properties and swelling behavior of PEGDA blend hydrogels, 1st National Meeting on Application of Biomaterials in Regenerative Medicine, 3-5 January 2014, Tehran, Iran.
14. Shokrollahi P, et al., Temperature Dependence of The Structure of Poly(caprolactone) Supramolecular Polymer with Ureidopyrimidinone End Groups, ISPST, 21-25 October,2012, Tehran, Iran.
15. Shokrollahi P, et al., Modelling of micromechanical properties of supramolecular polymers and hydroxyapatite Nano-fillers, ISPST, 21-25 October 2012, Tehran, Iran.
16. Shokrollahi P, et al., Surface Modification of ITO Nanoparticles with Silane Groups, ISPST, 21-25 October 2012, Tehran, Iran.
17. Shokrollahi P, et al., Effect of the initiation system and BTDMA monomer concentrations on the shrinkage behavior of an experimental dentin bonding system, ISPST, 21-25 October 2012, Tehran, Iran.
18. Shokrollahi P, et al., The effect of concentration and rate of TPP addition on chitosan nanoparticle size, ISPST, 21-25 October 2012, Tehran, Iran.
19. Chegini S, Shokrollahi P, et al., Removing Crystallization Water of Holmium Nitrate: Drying vs. Degradation, 15th Physical Chemistry Conference, 3-6 September 2012, Tehran, Iran.
20. Shokrollahi P, Mirzadeh H, Scherman OA, Huck WTS, Supramolecular polycaprolactone/Surface modifies HAp for tissue engineering, i-PolyMat 2010, Rolduc, Netherlands, 16-19 May 2010.
21. Shokrollahi P, Mirzadeh H, Shokrolahi F, Daliri M, Scherman OA, Huck WTS, A preliminary study on composite preparation from supramolecular polycaprolactone and HAp for tissue engineering applications, 5th international seminar on polymer science & technology, Tehran, Iran, 17-21 Oct 2009.
22. Shokrolahi F, Mahdavian AR, Shokrollahi P, et al., Isothermal Cure kinetics of an epoxy resin containing tetrabromo bisphenol-A as a flame retardant, 5th international seminar on polymer science & technology, Tehran, Iran, 17-21 October 2009.
23. Shokrolahi P, ShokrolahiF, Mirzadeh H, A Thermo-mechanical method to prepare porous HDPE for reconstructive surgery applications and in-vivo study of the product”, 40th International Symposium on Macromolecules (Macro 2004), 4-9 July 2004 Paris, France.
24.Shokrolahi, F, Shokrollahi P, and Sadi M, Kinetic Study of BPF using a Tertiary Amine by Calorimetry, 40th International Symposium on Macromolecules, 4-9 July 2004 Paris, France.
25. Farahmand F, Shokrollahi P, and Shokrolahi F, A study on optimizing the component ratio of commingled olefinic plastics waste and paper recycling method, 40th International Symposium on Macromolecules (Macro 2004), 4-9 July 2004 Paris, France.
26. Shokrollahi P, Mirzadeh H, Shokrolahi F, et al., Preparation of Porous Polyethylene for Maxillofacial surgery purposes In-Vitro, 6th Iranian Seminar on Polymer Science and Technology, IPPI, 12-15 May 2003 Tehran, Iran.
27.Farahmand F, Shokrollahi P, et al., Investigation of Antioxidant Migration from Polyethylene packaging into Foodstuff Stimulants by OIT method, 6th Iranian Seminar on Polymer Science and Technology, IPPI, 12-15 May 2003, Tehran, Iran.
28. Zandi M, Shokrollahi P, et al., A Comparison between Migration Behavior of Irganox 1010 and 1076 into foodstuff, 6th Iranian Seminar on Polymer Science and Technology, IPPI, 12-15 May 2003, Tehran, Iran.
29. Morshedian J, Farahmand F, Shokrollahi P, The Comparison of the Effects of Electron Beam and Peroxide Curing of Polyethylene, 6th Iranian Seminar on Polymer Science and Technology, IPPI, Tehran, Iran, 12-15 May 2003., 12-15 May 2003.
30. Rahimi A, Shokrollahi P, et al., Inorganic Polymers: Novel Applications, 5thIranian Seminar on Polymer Science and Technology, Amirkabir University, Tehran, Iran, 12-14, September 2000.
31. Zandi M, Hashemi A, Shokrolahi P, et al., Preparation of Polyurea Microcapsules Containing Pesticides as Active Agent, 5th Iranian Seminar on Polymer Science and Technology, Amirkabir University, Tehran, Iran, 12-14 September 2000.
32. Zandi M, Shokrolahi P, Hashemi A, Decreasing the polluting Effect of Pesticides by Microencapsulation, 3rd Conference Environmental Pollutants, Guilan University, Rasht, Iran, 2 December1999.
33. Farahmand F, Mehrabzadeh M, Shokrollahi P, Decreasing the polluting Effect of Plastic Waste by Recycling, 3rd. Conference Environmental Pollutants, Guilan University, Rasht, Iran, Dec2, 1999.
34. Shokrolahi P, Barikani M, Massoumi A, Identification and Preparation of Polyurethane Orthopedic Bandages, 7th Iranian Seminar of Analytical Chemistry, Isfahan Technical University, Isfahan, Iran, 7-9 May 1996.
D. National Patents
1. Fabrication of Dynamic Injectable and Self-Healing Dynamic Hydrogels Based on Natural Polymers Using Schiff base Covalent Bonds, Patent No. 99704, Dec. 2019
2. ePTFE membranes using oligomeric lubricants of boiling/degradation temperature above 200C, Patent No. 91043, Feb. 2017
3. PEG-based self-inflating tissue expander with a balanced swelling profile for periodontal application, Patent No. 89868, Sep.2016
4. PUU structure designed for enhanced grafting density of gelatin, Patent No. 84737, Jan. 2015
5. Preparation of modified Catalyst used in Polyurethane based orthopedic bandages, Iranian Patent No. 29375, Feb. 2004
6. Manufacturing method of Polyurethane based orthopedic bandages, Iranian Patent No. 29376, Feb. 2004
E. Book Translation
Shokrolahi P, et al., Surface Coatings,Iran University Press, 2010
A. Ph.D. students
B. M.Sc. students
1Iran Polymer and Petrochemical Institute, Tehran, Iran
2 National Institute of Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology, Tehran, Iran
3Iran Azad University, Tehran, Iran; 4 University of Tehran, Tehran, Iran
4University of Tehran
5Sharif University of Technology, Tehran, Iran
v Taught Polymer Identification Techniques and Polymer Microscopy Techniques in particular, in national and international workshops
· Head of the Biomaterials Department at IPPI (about 4 years)
In the Department of Biomaterials at IPP, 5 academics at the level of associate/assistant prof., work on the interdisciplinary scope of Biomaterials. Research at this group is run in the general and the instrumental (Freeze dryer, Plasma, Electrospinning, Static and dynamic contact angle machine), labs
Recently, microbiology and tissue engineering (stem cell differentiation), labs were equipped and started to support the research in the group, actively and efficiently
· Head of the Central Laboratories at IPPI(>8 years)
The Central Laboratories at IPPI consists of 10 well equipped individual labs including the spectroscopy lab(UV, FTIR and NMR), Thermal analysis(DSC/Modulated DSC, DMTA, TGA, STA, HDT/VICAT, and TMA), Mechanical analysis (universal testing machines, Impact analysis), Chromatography (GC, GC/Mass, HPLC, and GPC), Microscopy (Optical microscopes, hot stage microscope, Scanning electron microscope, Ultra-microtome and Atomic Force Microscope), Xray (wide and small angle), Rheological analysis (MFI and rheometers)
· Regular reviewer of several peer-reviewed journals in the area of polymer science and technology including:
Carbohydrate Polymers, Applied Materials and Interfaces, Polymer Composite, Materials Science and Engineering C, Journal of Applied Polymer Science, Chemical Engineering Journal, Journal of Biomedical Material Research A, ACS Omega, Journal of Bioactive and Compatible Polymers, Macromolecular Materials and Engineering, Journal of Applied Polymer Science, Iranian Polymer Journal, Journal of Material Science, Materials Chemistry Frontiers,…
· An active member of a few committees at national, Institute and the department levels
· Consulted industry and run several research projects for industry
- Persian calligraphy (holding the highest official certificate)