NAME: Hamid Salehi-Mobarakeh
DATE OF BIRTH: March 25, 1961
BS studied: 1979-1986 studied in Tehran University, Department of Chemistry, received a B.Sc. degree of Pure Chemistry in 1986.
MS studied: 1986-1990 completed a post-graduate course at Tehran University at same department, held a M.Sc. degree of Organic Chemistry.
Training: 1991 learning French as second language in University of Toulon, France
Ph.D studied: 1992-1997 Studied in Laval University, Department of Chemistry, CERSIM, received Ph.D degree of polymer Chemistry and Engineering.
WORKED AND RESEARCH EXPERIENCE:
- Analysis and characterization of polymeric materials
- Preparation of crystal melamine from Urea in pilot plant scale, Iran Polymer institute (IPPI).
- Synthesis of melamine- formaldehyde resin as glazer IPPI.
- Emulsion polymerization under pressure (Vinyl acetate-Ethylene, Vinyl acetate-Vinyl chloride) IPPI.
- Regeneration of silica gel used in air dryers in power plants.
Author or Co-Author
- Sioplas Crosslinking of PE: the effect of EVA in properties of XLPE, Iranian Journal of Polymer Science and Technology, 5,281-286, 2001.
- Sioplas Crosslinking of PE: Study of effect of alumina trihydrate and antimony trioxide on properties of XLPE, Iranian Journal of Polymer Science and Technology, 15, 381-388, 2002.
- Synthesis of vinyl acetate-ethylene copolymer through batch emulsion polymerization, I: effect of pressure, Iranian Journal of Polymer Science and Technology, 3, 165-173, 2003.
- Synthesis of vinyl acetate-ethylene copolymer through batch emulsion polymerization, II: Effect of buffer and emulsifier concentration, Iranian Journal of Polymer Science and Technology, 16, 321-329, 2003.
- Synthesis of vinyl acetate copolymer through batch emulsion polymerization, Iranian Journal of Polymer Science and Technology, 16, 257-263, 2003.
- Synthesis of vinyl acetate-ethylene copolymer through batch emulsion polymerization III: effect of scale up and heat generation comparison, Iranian Journal of Polymer Science and Technology, 17, 175-184, 2004.
- The effect of Aqueous/organic phase ratio and type of initiator on emulsion polymerization of vinyl acetate-ethylene copolymer, Iranian Journal of Polymer Science and Technology, 18, 249-256, 2005.
- Investigating and comparing the type and the effect of alcohol and catalyst in the hydrolysis of ethylene-vinyl acetate copolymer by FTIR spectroscopy, Iranian Journal of Polymer Science and Technology, 19, 67-76, 2006.
- Study of ethylene/vinyl acetate transformation to ethylene/ vinyl alcohol copolymer by NMR and DSC, Iranian Journal of Polymer Science and Technology, 20, 399-406, 2007.
- Effect of different parameters in emulsion copolymerization of vinyl acetate-ethylene in 7.5 liter high pressure reactor, Iran. Polym. J., 14, 579-587, 2005.
- Effect of different parameters in emulsion copolymerization of vinyl chloride/vinyl acetate, Iran. Polym. J., 15, 111-119, 2006.
- Study of vinyl acetate partitioning in emulsion copolymerization of vinyl chloride-vinyl acetate by FTIR and HNMR spectroscopy, J. Polym. Res., 13, 421-426, 2006.
- Gas phase copolymerization of ethylene and 1-butene with prepolymerized MgCl2 supported Ziegler-Natta catalyst: effect of Al/Ti ratio, Iran. Polym. J., 15, 569-575, 2006.
- Kevlar and glass fiber treatment for thermoplastic composites by step polycondensation, Polymer Composites, 28, 278-286, 2007.
- Nanocomposite particles core-shell morphology I. preparation and characterization of Fe3O4-poly(butyl acrylate-styrene) particles miniemulsion polymerization, J. Appl. Poly. Sci., 110, 1242-1249, 2007.
- Nanocomposite particles with core-shell morphology II. An investigation into the affecting parameters on preparation of Fe3O4-poly(butyl acrylate-styrene) particles via miniemulsion polymerization, Eur. Polym. J., 44, 2482-2488, 2008.
- The effect of temperature on tacticity for bulk thermal polymerization of styrene, e-Polymers, no.041, 2008.
- Study of tacticity and thermal rearrangement of low molecular weight 1, 2- polybutadiene by NMR, e-Polymers no.118, 2008.
- NMR Study of Grafting Polystyrene on Low Molecular Weight Polybutadiene in Thermal Polymerization, Iran. Polym. J., 17, 379-388, 2008.
Seminars and Conferences:
- Synthesis of Vinyl chloride-Vinyl acetate Copolymer through Batch Emulsion Polymerization. (ISPST 2003)
- Study of Melamine-Formaldehyde Resin Synthesis and Curing by Fourier Transformed Infrared Spectroscopy FTIR. (ISPST 2003)
- Study of Heat Removal in Emulsion Polymerization of Vinyl acetate-Ethylene. (ISPST 2003)
- The effect of EVA on Properties of Silane-Crosslinked Polyethylene. (ISPST 2003)
- Investigation of initiator concentration on heat generation trend in emulsion polymerization of vinyl acetate-ethylene in 7.5 L pressurized reactor. (8th National Iranian Chemical Engineering Congress 2003)
- Investigation of effective parameters on radiation grafting of methyl styrene on poly vinyl pyrollidone by ¡-ray. (8th National Iranian Chemical Engineering Congress 2003)
- Investigation of pressure effect on solubility and partitioning of ethylene in emulsion copolymerization of vinyl acetate-ethylene in 1.5 L pressured reactor. (8th National Iranian Chemical Engineering Congress, 2003)
- Investigation of heat generation in emulsion copolymerization of vinyl acetate-ethylene through scale-up from 1.5 to 7.5 L reactor. (8th National Iranian Chemical Engineering Congress, 2003)
- High performance engineering polymers.1st national seminar in Polymerization and Improvement of Polymer Properties. (PIPP 2005)
- The study kinetics of radical polymerization of 2-hydroxypropyl methacrylate (2-HPMA) with azobisizobutyronitrile (AIBN) and benzoyl proxide (BPO) in toluene by UV spectrophtometery. (ISPST 2005)
- Preparation of poly (vinyl acetate) redispersible powder. (ISPST 2005)
- GPC and viscosity measurements of VAE copolymers. (ISPST 2005)
- Study of polystyrene tacticity for radical polymerization by 13C-NMR. (ISPST 2007)
- Effect of surfactant type and concentration on surface migration and adhesion of MMA-BA latex films. (ISPST 2007)
- Encapsulation of magnetite nanoparticles by styrene-butyl acrylate copolymer through chemical initiator- free miniemulsiom polymerization. (ISPST 2007)
- Effect of Al/Ti ratio in gas phase copolymerization of ethylene/1-butene using triisobutyl aluminum co-catalyst. (ISPST 2007)
- Optimization of Silane Grafting of PE in a Single-Screw Extruder and Studying the Effects of EVA, Sb2O3 and Al(OH)3 on Properties of Prepared XLPE, H. AZIZI, MSc., March 2001.
- Optimization of emulsion copolymerization of Vinyl acetate-Ethylene, Mohammad Reza Rostami, MSc., September 2002.
- Synthesis and characterization of vinyl chloride-vinyl acetate copolymer through batch emulsion polymerization, Mostafa Hassannia, M.Sc., December 2003.
- Synthesis of ethylene-vinyl acetate-vinyl alcohol terpolymer by ethylene-vinyl acetate copolymer hydrolysis and characterization of the product, M.Sc., Amir Hossein Sattarie Wafaie, June 2005.
- Preparation and characterization of core-shell nanocomposite particles through encapsulation of magnetite and silica via miniemulsion and emulsion polymerization, Mohsen Ashjari, M.Sc., February 2007.
- Preparation and characterization of magnetite and styrene-butylacrylate nanocomposite particles through core-shell encapsulation of via minismulsion polymerization and investigation of dependent parameters, Sayed Yaser sehri, M.Sc., August 2007.
- Investigation of the effect of cocatalyst types on the preparation of LLDPE, Mohsen Firouzi Monfared, M.Sc., August 2006.
- Microstructure investigation of thermal polymerization in HIPS, Farshid Ziaee, Ph.D., June 2008.
Basic polymer chemistry .
Chemistry and technology of polymers.
Kinetics of polymerization I.
Technology of paint and resins.
New methods of polymer modification