Ali Reza Mahdavian
(PhD, MSc, BSc)
Name: Ali Reza
Place of Birth: Tehran, Iran
Status: Married and have a son
Languages: Persian, English
Polymer Science Department
Faculty of Polymer Science
Iran Polymer & Petrochemical Institute
P.O. Box 14965/115
Tel.: +9821 4478 7000
Fax: +9821 4478 7023
1. Ph.D. in polymer chemistry from Isfahan University of Technology, January 2000
Thesis: Synthesis of optically active and photo- active polymers via cycloaddition polymerization reactions
2. M.Sc. in polymer chemistry from University of Tehran, September 1995
Thesis: Preparation of core- shell polymeric particles by emulsion polymerization technique
3. B.Sc. in chemistry from University of Shiraz, September 1993
Thesis: Preparation of poly (vinyl pyridine) supported ferric dichromate in oxidation of different organic compounds
1. Professor at IPPI, POLYMER SCIENCE DEPARTMENT since 2012.
2. Associate professor at IPPI, POLYMER SCIENCE DEPARTMENT, 2006-2012.
3. Assistant professor at IPPI, POLYMER SCIENCE DEPARTMENT, 2000- 2006.
4. Head of PUBLICATION OFFICE at IPPI since 2010.
5. Sabbatical leave at EMULSION POLYMER INSTITUTE (EPI) in Lehigh University, Bethlehem, PA, USA, 2009- 2010.
6. Director of RESEARCH & POSTGRADUATE DEPARTMENT at IPPI, 2006- 2009.
7. Head of CENTRAL LABORATORIES at IPPI, 2004- 2006.
My research interests are majorly on preparation, characterization and optimization of emulsion and miniemulsion-based products and also nanocomposite particles with core-shell morphology, including potential applications in coatings and biomedical systems. Some typical headlines are:
1. Polymer colloids and particles with emphasise on emulsiond and miniemulsion polymerization and specifically in preparation of core-shell and nanocomposite particles
2. Kinetic and thermodynamic studies of radical polymerization in the dispersed media
3. Polymer synthesis and characterization
4. Surface modification of polymers
1. Advanced Chemistry & Kinetics of Polymerization
2. Polymer Modification Techniques
1. Chemistry & Kinetics of Polymerization I
2. Chemistry & Kinetics of Polymerization II
1. Polymer Principles (B.Sc. Course)
2. Characterization of Polymers (Short Course)
3. Polymer Chemistry Lab (B.Sc. Course)
4. Organic Chemistry (B.Sc. Course)
More than 100 abstracts have been presented in national and international conferences. Some selected presentations are listed below:
Distinguished paper presented at The 9th National Congress of Chemical Engineering, Tehran, Iran, November 2004.
Distinguished paper presented at The 2nd National Conference of Traffic Paints, Tehran, Iran, December 2008.
Distinguished paper presented at The 5th Iranian Controlled Release Conference (ICRC), Mashad, Iran, September 2011.
Distinguished paper presented at The International Seminar on Polymer Science & Technology (ISPST), Tehran, Iran, October 2012.
M. Sc. and Ph. D. students
4 M.Sc. and 4 Ph.D. students are working now on PREPATION, CHARACTERIZATION and OPTIMIZATION of emulsion and miniemulsion-based products and also nanocomposite particles with core-shell morphology with potential applications in coatings and biomedical systems.
2. Applied Materials & Interfaces (ACS)
3. Journal of Colloid and Interface Science (Elsevier).
4. Journal of Applied Polymer Science (Wiley)
5. Polymer International (Society of Chemical Industry (SCI) and Wiley)
6. European Polymer Journal (Elsevier)
7. Iranian Polymer Journal (Iran Polymer & Petrochemical Institute)
8. Journal of Polymer Research (Springer)
9. Composite Science and Technology (Elsevier)
10. Colloid and Surfaces A: Physiochemical and Engineering Aspects (Elsevier)
11. Chemical Engineering Journal (Elsevier)
12. Colloid and Polymer Science (Springer)
13. Materials Chemistry and Physics (Elsevier)
14. Journal of Hazardous Materials (Elsevier)
15. Polymer Bulletin (Springer)
16. Journal of Chemical Technology and Biotechnology (Wiley)
17. Journal of Colloid Science and Biotechnology (American Scientific Publishers)
18. eXPRESS Polymer Letters (Budapest University of Technology and Economics, Department of Polymer Engineering)
Last update: May, 2016