Mohammad Yousefi (Ph.D., Eng)
Name: Mohammad Yousefi
Date of Birth: Agu. 22, 1965
Place of Birth: Tehran, Iran
Marital Status: Married, 1 Children
Address: Department of Petrochemical
Iran Polymer and Petrochemical Institute
Tel.: (98) 21-4580043
Fax: (98) 21-4580032
B.S. in Chemistry: Shahid Beheshti University, Tehran, Iran, 1992.
M.S. in Analytical Chemistry: University of Tehran, Tehran, Iran, 1994.
Ph.D. in Analytical Chemistry: University of Tehran, Tehran, Iran, 2001.
Assistant Professor: Iran Polymer and Petrochemical Institute, Tehran, Iran, 2003.
B.S.: Analytical Chemistry I and II, Instrumental Analysis.
M.S.: Advanced Analytical Chemistry, Spectrochemical Analysis I and II, Chemical Separations, Modern Electrochemistry.
Ph.D.: Nonaqueous Solvents, Thermal Methods of Analysis, Chemical Kinetics, Non Destructive Analysis, Study of Reaction Mechanisms via Voltammetric Methods
1) Providing of technological knowledge for manufacture of "Pyrolytic Carbon" or "Pyrocarbon"
2) Preparation of "Pyrolytic Carbon" or "Pyrocarbon" by Chemical Vapor Deposition (CVD) method
3) Electrochemical polymerization
4) Preparation of catalyst for oxidative coupling of methane (OCM)
5) Preparation of Optical Chemical Sensors (optodes)
6) Preparation of Multielement Chemical Sensors
7) Spectroscopic study of charge transfer complex by UV-Vis, NMR...
8) Solid Phase Extraction
9) Preparation of ISE for Drugs and Biological Samples
List of Publications:
1) PVC-based 1,3,5-Trithiane Sensor for Cerium(iii) Ions, Anal Chem. 72, 2391-2394 (2000)
2) A Schiff Base Complex of Zn(II) as a Neutral Carrier for Highly Selective PVC Membrane Sensors for the Sulfate Ion, Anal. Chem. 73, 2869-2874 (2001)
3) A Selective Membrane Electrode for Thiocyanate Ion Based on a Copper-1, 8-Dimethyl-1, 3, 6, 8, 10, 13-Azacyclotetradecane Complex as Ionophore, Anal. Lett. 34, 2621-2632 (2001)
4) The Synthesis of a New Thiophen-Drivative Schiff’s Base and its Use in Preparation of Copper-Ion Selective Electrodes, Electroanalysis 13, 1513-1517 (2001)
5) Highly Selective and Sensitive Copper (II) Membrane Coated Graphite Electrode Based on a Recently Synthesized Schiff’s Base, Anal. Chim. Acta 440, 81-87 (2001)
6) Highly Selective Thiocyanate Poly (Vinyl Chloride) Membrane Electrode Based on a Cadmium–Schiff’s Base Complex, Fresenius J Anal Chem. 370, 1091-1095, (2001)
7) PVC-based 1,3,5-Trithiane Coated Graphite Electrode for Determination of Cerium(III) Ions, Anal. Lett. 34, 2249-2261 (2001)
8) Highly Selective Sulfate PVC-Membrane Electrode Based on 1,2,4,5-Tetraaza-2,5-Diphenylbicyclo[2.2.0]Heptane as a Neutral Carrier, Sens. & Actuators B 4140, 1-6 (2001)
9) Highly Selective Iodide Membrane Electrode Based on a Cerium Salen, Anal. Sci. 18, 289-292 (2002)
10) Novel Lanthanum (III) PVC-Membrane Electrodes Based on 1,3,5-Trithiacyclohexane, Anal. Chem. 74, 5538-5543 (2002)
11) Novel sulfate Ion-Selective Polymeric Membrane Electrode Based on a derivative of Pyrilium Perchlorate, Talanta 58, 359-366 (2002)
12) Determination of thiocyanate in urine and saliva in smokers and non-smokers by thiocyanate-selective polymeric membrane based on a nickel(II)- azamacrocycle complex coated on graphite electrode, Anal. Sci. 18, 887-892 (2002)
13) Separation and Preconcentration of Trace Amount of Cerium(III) on Octadecilsilica Membrane Disks Modified with 1,3,5-Trithiacyclohexane and its Spectrophotometric Determination by Arsenazo(III), Sep. Sci. & Technol. 37, 3525-3534 (2002)
14) Novel Liquid Membrane Electrode for Selective Determination of Monohydrogenphosphate, Electroanalysis 15, 139-144 (2003)
15) Novel PVC-based Copper(II) Membrane Sensor Based on 2-(1 '-(4 '-(1 '-Hydroxy-2 ''-Naphthyl)methyleneamino) Butyl Iminomethyl)-1-Naphthol, Anal. Sci. 19, 223-227, (2003)
16) Novel Potentiometric Strontium Membrane Sensor Based on Dibenzo-30-Crown-10, Anal. Lett. 36, 2123-2137, (2003)
17) Perchlorate Selective Membrane Electrode Based on some Recently Synthesized Ni(II)- Hexaazacyclotetradecane Complexes, Electroanalysis 15, 1476-1480, (2003)
18) A Novel Triiodide Ion-Selective Polymeric Membrane Sensor Based on Mercury-Salen, Anal. Sci. 19, 223-227, (2003)
19) Determinations of trace amounts of Cr(III) in presence of Cr(VI) by a novel potentiometric membrane sensor based on a new tridentate S,N,O Schiff's base, Anal. Lett. 36,2735-2747, (2003)
20) Electrochemical Characterization of a Pyrolytic Carbon Film Electrode and the Effect of Anodization, Electroanalysis 18, No. 8, 787 – 792, (2006)
List of Papers Presented in National and International Congresses and Seminars:
1) Conductance Study of the Thermodynamics of Interaction of Some Transition and Heavy Metal Ions with 2,4,6,8-Tetraphenyl-2,4,6,8-tetraazabicyclo[3.3.0] octane, ibid, p. 93.
2) Cerium(III)-Selective Membrane Electrode Based Trithiane, The Third Biennial Seminar of Electrochemistry of Iran, University of Mazandaran, 19-20 May 1999, Paper Abstracts, p. 8
3) Sulfate Ion-Selective Membrane Electrode Based on a Zinc Salophen, ibid, p. 91.
4) A Selective Membrane Electrode for Thiocyanate Ion Based on a Copper-1,8-Dimethyl-1,3,6,8,10,13-Hexaazacyclotetradecane Complex as Ionophore, ibid, p. 19.
5) Highly Selective Thiocyanate Poly(Vinyl Chloride) Membrane Electrode Based on a Cadmium-Schiff’s Base Complex, ibid, p. 20.
6) Novel Lanthanum(III) PVC-Membrane Electrodes Based on 1,3,5-Trithiacyclohexane, ibid, p. 126.
7) Highly Selective Iodide Membrane Electrode Based on a Cerium Salen, ibid, p. 127.
8) Highly Selective Sulfate PVC-Membrane Electrode Based on 1,2,4,5-Tetraaza-2,5-diphenylbicyclo[2.2.0]heptane as a Neutral Carrier, 11th Iranian Seminar of Analytical Chemistry, 29-31 Jan. 2002, Yazd University, Paper Abstracts, p. 11
9) Fluorimetric Optode Membrane for Ni(II) Detection Based on a 2,5-Thiophenyl bis(5-tert-butyl-1,3-benzexazole), ibid, p. 15.
10) Separation and Preconcentration of Trace Amounts of Cerium(III) on Octadecyl Silica Membrane Disks Modified with 1,3,5-Trithiacyclohexane and Its Spectrophotometric Determination by Arsenazo(III), ibid, p. 136
11) Chromium(III)-Selective Electrode Based on a Macrocyclic Compound, ibid, p. 292.
12) Novel DY(III) sensor based on a new bis-Pyrrolidene Schiff's base, Seminar Macro 2004, 2004 Paris French
13) Enhanced signal-to-background ratio with a highly ordered pyrolytic carbon film as an electrochemical interface, International conference Analytical Chemistry and Chemical Analysis (AC&CA-05), Kyiv, Ukraine, 2005
14) Enhanced signal-to-background ratio with a highly ordered pyrolytic carbon film as an electrochemical interface, 6th biennial Electrochemistry Seminar of IRAN (6BESI) 2005
15) Electrochemical Performance of Pyrolytic Carbon Film with Anisotropic Microstructure, Zhuhai, Guangdong, China, 2006
1) Work in Refinery
2) Work in Analytical Laboratory (UV-Vis, IR, AA, HPLC, GC.... GC-MS…)
3) Work in Food And Drug Control Laboratory
4) Work in Animal Feed Research Laboratory
5) Mycotoxin and Pesticide Analysis
6) Preparation of Catalyst
1) Mojtaba Hadi (Co work with Dr. Rouhollahi)
2) Maryam Bakhtiari (Co Work with Dr Piri)
1) Mohammad Ali Tourangi (Co Work with Dr. Vatani)